I am by no means a runner and yet I find myself training for a marathon. The thought of running 26.2 miles scares me. I played sports in high school and I guess you could say I’ve been craving that need to “win”; so I signed up for something that requires me to train, be diligent and commit myself to a goal that is just beyond reach at the moment. 20 weeks from now it won’t be. That’s how long I’ll train to get my body in shape to run for 5 plus hours at a time.
Luckily for me, I have a Pitbull of a training partner. There are very few people I know who would consider putting their body through hell for the mere accomplishment of saying they did something. She’s not a runner either. We don’t even live in the same city but I knew she would motivate me to train and keep with the program. We A-type personalities have that affect on one another.
Last night I ran 5 miles and I must admit it sucked. In fact, I woke up this morning to run 2 miles (which is nothing in the grand scheme of things) but my knees told me otherwise. I’m pushing that run to tomorrow. Let’s hope this knee pain is a product of not running that distance in roughly 2 years. I’ll post again to update you on my runs. Until then, I’ll be putting one foot in front of the other.
Luckily for me, I have a Pitbull of a training partner. There are very few people I know who would consider putting their body through hell for the mere accomplishment of saying they did something. She’s not a runner either. We don’t even live in the same city but I knew she would motivate me to train and keep with the program. We A-type personalities have that affect on one another.
Last night I ran 5 miles and I must admit it sucked. In fact, I woke up this morning to run 2 miles (which is nothing in the grand scheme of things) but my knees told me otherwise. I’m pushing that run to tomorrow. Let’s hope this knee pain is a product of not running that distance in roughly 2 years. I’ll post again to update you on my runs. Until then, I’ll be putting one foot in front of the other.
1 comment:
I LOVE it! I am so excited! It is going to be absolutely AMAZING! Listen to your body, but don't let your mind get the best of you. We are going to demolish this! xo - your pitbull
Post a Comment