I was able to get a good night’s sleep last night. I of course woke up wanting more sleep however 10 hours is double what I get during the week. I didn’t have much time after greeting the morning before my basketball game. I made a cup of coffee, which my cousin informed is like mud, messed around online, and was off to relive my high school glory days on the basketball court.
I played well, in fact I got drafted to play for another team for the day, they were missing a girl. I wound up playing for roughly 3 hours. I had two more games left when I noticed I had red showing threw my white shoes. This seemed strange as I wasn’t wearing red socks. I knew immediately it was blood. So I took my shoe off and found my socks (as I double up when I play ball) completely soaked in blood. Needless to say I called it a day.
I was supposed to go into work after the game. I took a taxi home. Usually I walk the 4 miles home but today my foot was killing me as I busted my toe open (hence the bloody socks) and I needed to get to work. It should be noted that the taxi home was truly disappointing because today it was a beautiful fall day. I would have loved to walk through Central Park and just enjoy the day, but I digress. I got home ready for a hot shower as at this point I am quite cold.
Unfortunately, a hot shower didn’t seem to be in the cards for me. Sometimes, I can’t get hot water. Have no fear; I called the not so super, Super, today to complain about it. Anyway, I got a phone call from Trey informing me she was stuck in traffic and not to rush to work. This worked out well as I really didn’t want to take a cold shower. I waited about an hour and then tested the waters…SUCCESS!!! HOT WATER…Excited about my discovery, I immediately jumped in and relished in the hot hot water that was taking the various basketball games played off of me.
I was hoping I would have time to do my hair as I am going to CT tomorrow to go to a pumpkin patch and corn maze with my cousins. Trey had called saying she didn’t think she would be in till much later or possibly not at all. Translation; I got to do my hair.
I realized at some point that I wasn’t really feeling up to par. I was really hoping Trey would just turn around and go home and that I wouldn’t have to come into the office. God was on my side today because she told me not to worry about coming in. WAHOO! Inside of slaving away with numbers I had a date with myself. I opened the windows, as it is cool out, lit several candles, cuddled up under a magnificent blanket, and proceeded to watch 3 good movies. All and all it was a great day although I could have done without the busted toe. Well kids I am off to bed because I have an exciting day ahead of me tomorrow. Nite!
1 comment:
bloody sock = super gross
date with self = awesome
Post a Comment