Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Working and Packing

I am working from home today so I can pack and get things done around the house before I leave. I think the firm should move to home offices. I find it to be quite nice, although the productivity level would most likely suffer. However if you think about the cost savings on the firms part it might be something to look into.

I hit the road for South Florida in two days. I can’t believe it. Now I have to find something else I want and go for it. It’s strange to think that everything I worked for ended in a year. Granted, I made the decision to move. I am in no way done with New York but work at the moment is making it intolerable.

My thought process behind the whole thing was: what’s the point of paying to work in New York. I could live at home for a much cheaper price, work less, and actually enjoy life. I moved up here to get the New York experience and for the past year and a half that is exactly what I got. Granted I didn’t actually move up here until a year ago but I have been working in New York since January of 2008.

I had to ask myself: is it worth the cost to live up here when I don’t really get to enjoy the city as much as I thought I would. You know the conclusion I ultimately came to.

I have been very reflective these past couple of days. I was actually talking to a friend of mine and told him all the things I had been thinking and trying to do in my life. I realized it sounded much like a new year’s resolution. Then I thought, why can’t we make mid-year resolutions, there is Christmas in July.

I must get back to packing and working. Hope all is well with every one!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We can't wait to have you back in FL! Now time to move to O-town in so you can babysit : )