Currently, I’m flying first class to India. It should be noted that I slept for half of the flight. I could get use to my own personal bed/chair that massages. First class is quite nice. Anyway after much debate last night, the girls and I decided that we would fine and to go ahead with our travels to India. That being said we canceled our trips to New Delhi and to the Taj. The climate in India is just not inviting at this time. This is a total disappointment as I won’t get to see India at all but I guess there is always next time.
I am not sure where I left off in my travels but I recall I didn’t get far, so I shall start at the beginning. We arrive in Paris at 7 AM. None of us really sleep on the plane so you can imagine how chipper we were. We get a taxi and of course he speaks no English. Somehow we manage to have to drop us off at the correct hotel. We couldn’t check in until 12 so we decide to wonder around the area. We were staying literally 2 mins from the Eiffel tower (which was very cool).
So I have been trying to learn French for the past month because I know they hate Americans and despise the fact that we make no effort to speak their language. I have also always wanted to learn. Needless to say I knew enough to get us all by as Liz and Ana don’t speak a lick of French. Anyway we were hungry so we went to a café around the area.
We walk in, I ask in French if they speak English, they give me such a dirty look and say no. So we decide to go to another place right across the street. We hop in there (keep in mind it is cold out) and get a seat, this is an improvement. I again ask the waitress if she speaks in English and she give me the nastiest look but says a little. Anyway we sat there for 10 mins and she never came by to ask us what we would like (there was hardly anyone in the place so it wasn’t like she was busy). Anyway, we left once she had dropped a coffee cup on another patron.
Thank God we were in an area with a lot of cafes because third time was a charm. We finally went to a place that didn’t mind serving us. We all got a café (coffee), croissant, and omelet. It was quite nice. We then strolled over to the Eiffel Tower and spent a lot of time taking pictures.
We had killed enough time before the check in and headed back to the hotel. Since we only slept for 2 hours on the plane and France is 6 hours ahead we needed to stay active other wise we would not adjust to the time change. To aid in project keep us awake, we decided we would go to Versailles and see the castle.
Versailles is about 30 minutes away by train so once we checked in and freshened up, we were off to the train station. It should be noted that the train stations here are far cleaner then those in New York, that and they are a much smoother ride too.
We get to the ticket counter and ask how to get to were we want to go. She tells us to go to plateform A and get on the C train. We as soon as we get to the platform a train rolls by that said GOTA C. So I was like lets go ladies, GOTA C, GOTA C is coming. So we jumped on the train. After 3 stops we realize we are on the train and must retrace our steps to get on the right train. Apparently I’m not so good with the trains.
Despite the train debacle, we made it Versailles. Apparently it is some huge castle with golden gates. We didn’t take a tour so I don’t really know the history behind it. We did get the headsets that talk about what is or was in each room but the sun was setting and I wanted to get to the gardens.
Moving on, that night instead of going out to eat Ana suggested we just grab something quick and eat on the train back to Paris. Liz had never had McDonalds from a different country and was curious. I told her to try it as it tastes different. Needless to say, her and Ana got McDonald’s. I jumped into another café and got a baguette with mozzarella and tomato. MY FAVORITE!
Right by our hotel there was a supermarket so on our way back to popped in there to get snacks and bottles of wine. The wine there is so cheap so we got three bottles. We got back to the room around 8 or so and were so exhausted. We drank some wine, messed around on the computer and proceeded to pass out. Ana woke us up in the morning yelling about how it was late in the afternoon (we had slept till noon).
Hate to run mid story but I have to try and go to sleep. It’s like 4 AM here in India and I woke up at 2:30 AM because I couldn't sleep and I have to work tomorrow. So I will be back to update more but we are safe and sound. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment