Saturday, September 27, 2008

Long Over Due

Sorry for the delay. Between deadlines, managers having babies, and trying desperately not to be a slave to my job, my writing has taken a back seat. Tonight I saw two very interesting movies: Vicky Cristina Barcelona and The Women. I highly recommend both! The Women is a feel good, love your girlfriends kinda movie and will leave you wanting to call your close girlfriends to tell them you love them. Vicky Cristina Barcelona will have you laughing and make you wonder how you want to live your life. Again both movies are a good watch.

Have you ever had one of those days when you believe everything is just amazing and falling into place like you never imagined it could? Well, as my foreshadowing leaves little to the imagination, I had one of those days. I know, this is a far cry from my sob stories posted earlier. On Wednesday of this week, a partner I work for came running by my cube and asked me if I had a second. (Let me give you a little bit of background on said partner: this is a man who runs around and wreaks havoc on his staff. You generally don’t want to get caught in his wrath. All that being said, he is a person who genuinely cares about his staff and will go out on a limb for them)

So he runs by my cube and I’m thinking, “Oh God, what is going on”. Also note, stress is high as deadlines approach. I respond with, of course, and then he says: “do you have a passport”. I say yes but am thinking in my head: “oh God where are they going to send me”.

I walk into Yessi’s office (my manager and the one solely responsible for my job in NYC) and I see Liz. Turns out, I am going to get the opportunity to travel to India and train people over there. I am so excited! Not only do I get to travel to India and experience the culture over there but I get to do it with 2 of my closest friends here. AMAZING! We are going to Paris first, then India, and then to Spain. AHHHHH I can’t wait to visit Sal Gal. This is going to be an amazing trip! I am off to bed but I have to say I never thought within a year of working I would be living in New York and be sent on an international trip to train others. Life is good!

1 comment:

April said...

you and sal gal make me feel so frumpy and uncultured!!! argh. can't wait to read your france/india/spain blogging :-)

xoxo

p.s. don't you love meeeeee? why didn't i get a call???? ;-)