This weekend was wonderful and felt like a guilty pleasure because I didn’t have to work! It feels like a holiday when you get 2 days off. I can only imagine how unmotivated I will be when I return to the office after 5 weeks of flitting around the world…literally.
Friday night Ana and I had a movie night, as mentioned before. Saturday I woke up at 11 and though I wanted to clean my apartment, felt totally unmotivated and instead just hung out before my basketball game. The games were great and I finally started getting my skills back. I had a whole cheering section going because well, I’m a crowd favorite :)
On game days, I usually walk the 4 miles home. It is a beautiful walk home along central park west. My games are play at 102 and Amsterdam and I live on 58th. I usually walk on the outskirts of the park and cut over around Columbus Circle (which is an awesome place to shop). On this day, being adventurous, I decided to actually cut through the park. It was delightful. I came across a wonderfully large lake with breath taking views of tall building surrounding the peaceful park that makes you feel like you are somewhere other than New York City. It should be noted that every time I go to the park I ALWAYS miss Maddox and wish I was walking with him because he would love it. Anyway, I’m on the phone with my mom when I come across to the other side and realize that I am back at 102th street. Of course, I am on the east side now but somehow I managed to backtrack 12 blocks.
Feeling silly, but still not minding the extra mileage, I continue the walk. I had to get home because Socorro was going to pick me up so we could go see “The Little Mermaid” on Broadway. I finally get home with no time to spare. I realize I left our tickets at the office so I jump in the shower, throw on anything I can find, and taxi it to the office to pick up the tickets. By the time I got home I had 15mins to get ready. Needless to say, when Socorro got there, I was ready. I’m quick like that.
The show was amazing! It felt like I was at Disney. The Under the Sea part of the show was my favorite. After that we went to some Italian restaurant and ate baked claims and chicken Marsala while enjoying a great glass of Sangria. It was a good night with great company. Note, I’m listening to the song Under the Sea as I type. Oh how I love show tunes.
Today, I again woke up at 11. I would have preferred to sleep later but apparently my body wasn’t agreeing with me. My plan for today was to try and get a new bed but I couldn’t rent a U-Haul. I was talking about renting a car and going to Jersey to go shopping at Wal-Mart at work on Friday. Everyone thought I was nuts to get a car just for Wal-Mart but they have no idea the joy I get out Wal-Mart and driving.
I joined this thing called ZipCar. You can rent any type of car you want for the day or just a couple of hours and gas, tolls, and parking is paid. You pay $20 for the membership for the year and then anywhere between $9-13 an hour; it could be less depending on what type of membership you get and if you rent for the day it is discounted. It is a pretty sweet deal especially since parking in the City costs an arm and a leg.
Anyway, I rented an SUV, picked up Ana and we were off to Jersey. It felt great to drive. Oh I miss it. We both loaded up as it is MUCH cheaper there then here. I dropped off Ana and the car and then walked half of the way home before realizing I was absolutely starving and needed to eat ASAP. I flagged down a Taxi and was at the Food Emporium before I knew it. I got some Sushi and proceeded to enjoy a wonderful evening hanging out with myself. It should be said that the file cabinet I bought was complete smashed so you know what I’ll be doing next weekend. I always seem to get the defective products.
Like I said, it was a good weekend, other than the defective product incident. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as well. Until next time…
2 comments:
still loving the blog, but WE WANT MORE PICTURES!!!
specifically, erin has asked that you post bigger pics of the apartment. i, personally, would like to see what you're eating and who you're hanging with :-)
i cant believe it. more defective products.
what is this about u going away for five wks? i thought india was just 2? and when did u get rid of the saturn? is it back home in florida? ugh, we need to catch up. blog is not doing us justice.
Post a Comment