Sorry for the delay, but ask and you shall receive. I’m just giving the public what they want :)
We have been working like dogs these days. To give you a glimpse, I arrived back at my apartment from work at 1:00 a.m. New York standard time. You could say it was a long day. Newest updates and then I’ll finish where I left off when I last wrote.
I went to the eye doctor today, which was strange because I have been seeing Sally’s dad for the last 18 years, and I needless to say the verdict was: glasses. It should be noted that I have perfect vision though. It seems as though I have a problem over focusing and stressing my eyes out. I like to think it’s because I’m such an over achiever that even when it come to vision I have to exceed the limits. Of course my A-type eyes have caused me headaches and for my eyes to pulse (not fun). I had a similar problem when I was little. We shall see how these computer/reading glasses work out. And you can be sure that when I go home for Thanksgiving, I will be making an appointment with the only person I truly trust on the matter, Dr. Woods.
Another update, I joined a Co-ed 3-on-3 basketball league for young professionals. I’m very excited. I was feeling very homesick this weekend and had a nice chat with my good friend Monica. She was telling me how her brother use to get involved in the synagogue and mentioned I might want to look into a church group. Since basketball is like my church, I choose that. Hopefully, I will meet some cool people.
And now a travel back in time to a few weeks earlier and the almost conclusion to my move…
At this point in the story my apartment was almost complete. There were still a few things I needed but for the most part I had done a pretty good job setting everything up. That Saturday my mom and I enjoyed a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant near my place. We sat outside and enjoyed the piano player’s music (as this restaurant was equipped with one.) Socorro (Trey) joined us later in the evening and loved the apartment as well. We were still missing a futon and coffee table (which would be the next’s day adventure) but you could tell it was a good space.
Later in the evening, Trey and I ventured out to celebrate a coworker’s b-day. The interesting thing about this bar was there was nonstop porn playing all around. Another “Welcome to New York” moment. This was especially interesting since I had never seen a porn before, so you can only imagine my shock and horror. After having a few drinks we ventured to CrifDogs, an amazing hotdog place. We enjoyed a bacon wrapped dog with other goodies on top. And they had tater tots. When was the last time you enjoyed one of those?!?! Now the bacon wrapped dog may sound gross (it was certainly my first reaction) but OMG it was outstanding. After finishing our heart attack on a bun we ventured home.
I forgot to mention. During the week my friend Ana came over to help with things around the apartment. She truly is a gem. Anyway, she brought me a house warming gift. It was a cute little plant which I named Romeo (her middle name). Unfortunately, Romeo didn’t last the week. Apparently I am not one for keeping plants alive.
Sunday, the day of rest, we woke up early and were about to venture to New Jersey once again. However, on this day, we walked outside and I just couldn’t jump back into my car. I had to enjoy the wonderful weather mother-nature had provided. So mama Dukes and I ventured to central park for a few hours to enjoy what truly was an outstanding day. We got back to my place around 3:30 and immediately jumped in the car to try and avoid rush hour traffic. This of course was not the case, as rush hour here seems to start at 3 and last until about 7.
I hate to leave you chomping at the bit but I must go to bed. Working a trillion hours a day doesn’t bode well for coherent writing. Fair thee well my dedicated readers.
2 comments:
Dear Ding,
I love how you need glasses to see yet your convinced your eye sight is perfect. That my friend is denial in its purest form. Newsflash people with perfect vision DON'T need glasses.
Very cool that you found a B-Ball league to play in... GOE REP-RE-SENT-AH !
And am I too understand that after being surrounded by porn at a bar, you and your friends felt the need to go eat bacon wrapped weiners ?
You ladies nasty.
Keep up the posting..
Love you.
Chris
Loved the post. SUPER LOVED Chris' comment. LMAO!
And really, no porn, ever? What about the Jenna Jamieson I left for you? hehe :-)
Post a Comment